1. Submit an online application.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent from Admissions within two business days. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
2. Pay the non-refundable $25 application fee.
Pay online by credit card, or send a check to our offices at your earliest convenience.
3. Submit the necessary additional items.
- Musical Recommendation — This form should be completed by your private music instructor, school director, or someone who is familiar with your musical abilities.
- Personal Recommendation — This form should be completed by an adult who is not related to you, but knows you well, such as a youth pastor. Not required for returning students.
- Federal Tax Form 1040 — Required if you are applying for need-based financial aid. Please send us your family's most recent copy.
4. Submit an audition.
- For primary instrumental or vocal placement:
All new students must submit a recording of their primary instrument or voice, or audition live*. Returning students need only submit an audition recording if they are applying for a merit-based scholarship and may use their LSM 2016 recital recording that we have on file. Returning students are strongly encouraged to use their recital recording.
- For violin placement:
All violin students, new and returning, need to submit a video audition via YouTube. Once you have the video recorded, please upload it to YouTube and turn the privacy settings to "Unlisted." Send the link to email@example.com so that the audition can be reviewed. This process will help the faculty determine parts so that we can send out bowings before LSM begins.
Click here for a list of audition requirements by instrument .
*Because LSM is a national program, with students coming from across the United States, the majority of our applicants audition via recording. Equal consideration is given to live and recorded auditions.
- For primary composition placement:
- Students who are auditioning for primary composition placement must submit:
- Two sample manuscripts of their original work. Manuscripts can be sent via email or mail and will not be returned. All submissions must be in written form; recordings will not be accepted.
- An audition recording of their secondary instrument or voice for large ensemble placement.
- The admissions coordinator will be in contact with all primary composition students to complete the musicianship assessment.
5. After You've Applied
All supporting application materials must be received within 30 days of submitting the online application in order to qualify for any early application discounts. Once we have received all of your application materials, the admissions staff will review your submitted recommendations and audition recording to determine acceptance and, if applicable, financial assistance. Acceptances and financial awards are sent simultaneously. Students are accepted on a rolling basis, and instrument and vocal areas fill quickly. Apply today! The Admissions staff is here to assist you with your application and financial aid package. If you have questions or need more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-635-6583.