Tuition for LSM is $3,495, which includes includes all instruction, activities, room, and board. We strive to make LSM affordable for families with our generous financial aid, so please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Early Application Discounts
- Early Bird Discount: Apply before September 30th, 2016 for a $400 discount
- Fall Discount: Apply between October 1-December 15, 2016 for $350 discount
- Winter Discount: Apply between December 15-January 31, 2017 for a $250 discount
- Spring Discount: Apply between February 1-March 31, 2017 for a $200 discount
- Late Spring Discount: Apply between April 1-May 30, 2017 for a $150 discount|
Family Financial Aid Scenarios
Note: These tuition scenarios are only examples. Actual financial aid breakdown may vary.
Based on your family's financial needs.
These are awarded to students who show strong musical and technical proficiency as demonstrated by the submitted audition recording and supplemented by the musical recommendation. These scholarships range from $100 to a maximum of $500.
Donations from a community organization or church are eligible to be matched by LSM at 33% percent.
- Planned match funds must be denoted on the student application.
- Funds must be received no later than May 15, 2016.
- LSM will only match funds that are received in the form of a check with the business/organization name on it.
- Funds from individuals do not qualify for an LSM match.
- The LSM match will be applied to tuition only when the match-eligible funds are received.
Young Musicians Partnership
Congregations or schools who provide a local scholarship(s) of at least $500 for students to attend LSM qualify for this partnership. LSM will give each student from a partner member a $300 discount, and the scholarship will qualify for a percentage match. Learn more and enroll in the Young Musicians Partnership.
If you know someone who would make a great addition to the LSM community, we'd love to have them join us! When you recruit a new student to attend LSM, both you and your recruit will receive a $100 tuition discount and special recognition during LSM. Nomination forms must be submitted before your recruit submits their online application.
This grant can help offset the travel expense for students who must travel a great distance to reach LSM.
Youth Symphony Discount
Students actively participating in a Youth Symphony program will receive an automatic $150 tuition reduction.
Lutheran High School Discount
All students from Lutheran high schools will receive an automatic $150 tuition reduction.
Post-LSM Scholarship Opportunity
LSM is a superb pre-college experience for young musicians. To support our work, many Lutheran colleges offer any student who attends LSM and goes on to attend ther school a scholarship through our Collegiate Partnership. Click here to learn more.
Fundraising for LSM
*Please Note: To ensure that funds are available to the greatest number of students with demonstrated financial need, LSM reserves the right to determine individual maximums for all financial assistance.